Birmingham, UK's reputation as a bombed-out, concrete wasteland is slowly changing, but you'd never know that listening to the music of Steve Milanese. After leaving London in favor of the birthplace of Judas Priest, Godflesh, and Duran Duran over three years ago, Milanese and his friends found themselves desperate and miserable. "I wrote a lot of angry music here 'cos I was broke," he says. "And when I had to finally get a job it really sucked. Read more »
C-Mon & Kypski are big in Morocco... sort of. Seeking inspiration for their latest album, Where the Wild Things Are, the four-man hip-hop/electronic group spent a month driving around the Moroccan desert in an RV filled with turntables and samplers, having adventures and writing music. Though the album title was inspired by Maurice Sendak's classic children's book, producer/beatmaker Simon "C-Mon" Akkermans says that it didn't stick as a theme until the Morocco trip. Read more »
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player