Press Play: Dâm-Funk, Kingdom, Shlohmo, and More
- Words: Patric Fallon
We're not necessarily complaining when we say that our inboxes are inundated on a daily basis with more music than we could ever hope to hear, but it does often pose a problem for us. We mostly just don't have the space or time to share all of the interesting, unique, and exciting new tunes that come our way. In an effort to combat this issue, we've come up with Press Play, a weekly feature that will pull together 10 or so of the things we "missed" into a single post rife with eclectic sights and sounds.
Our first installment of Press Play comes complete with all sorts of sonic mish-mash, courtesy of artists like Kingdom, Shlohmo, Lemonade, Dâm-Funk, The Bug, Groundislava, and JJ DOOM, among others. Get your fill of the remixes, originals, DJ sets, live performances, and more, below.
As the LA funk maestro says himself, "No rocket science. Just a straight up summer 'glide' 4 U."
Preview two grimy new tracks from The Bug for his new Acid Ragga imprint, one of which features Hype Williams' Inga Copeland.
Groundislava teases his upcoming Feel Me album with booming new tune "Cool Party."
Watch Brooklyn band Lemonade perform "Ice Water," a cut from its brand-new Diver LP, live on a New York rooftop.
R&S unveils the surprising a-side of Airhead's new "Pyramid Lake" b/w "Black Ink" 12".
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player