Press Play: Theo Parrish, Zed Bias, Oneohtrix Point Never, Tyondai Braxton, and More
- Words: Patric Fallon
Where to begin with our batch of Press Play goodies for this week? Well, we've got some classic Detroit magic courtesy of Theo Parrish, a never-before-heard proper choon from UK garage stalwart Zed Bias, the bubblin' first single to drop via Bicep's new label, a bit of spacey synth-funk from B. Bravo & Teeko, Tyondai Braxton's wild reworking of Philip Glass, the new EP from Nicolas Jaar collaborator Dave Aju... You get the picture. Dive into the bounty of Press Play's streams and downloads after the jump.
Legendary Detroit DJ/producer Theo Parrish shares his 15-minute reworking of The Invisible's "Generational" tune before it drops on October 15 via Ninja Tune.
Experimental electronic composer Oneohtrix Point Never unveiled a stream of his new split LP with fellow noisenick Rene Fell, Music for Reliquary House / In 1980 I Was a Blue Square.
Ex-Battles frontman and New York-based composer Tyondai Braxton conquers the unenviable task of reworking a composition by the inimitable Phillip Glass on "Rubric," a lively track lifted from Rework: Philip Glass Remixed.
Nicolas Jaar collaborator and San Francisco musician Dave Aju gives the world a chance to listen to the entirety of his debut EP for Matthew Herbert's Accidental label, the Listen to Your Heartbeat EP.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player