Press Play: Com Truise, Kim Ann Foxman, Jimmy Edgar, Thefft, and More
- Words: Patric Fallon
The array of sights and sounds we have for you in today's Press Play installment is kind of amazing. Seriously, a whole lot of great tunes from top-notch artists appeared on the internet this week—including remixes, originals, exclusive premieres, and more from the likes of Com Truise, Dinamo Azari of Azari & III, Jerome LOL, Jimmy Edgar, Lindstrøm, Mmoths, members of The Miracles Club, and plenty of others. There's a whole lot to take in here, so make sure you're up to date on all of the new tunes after the jump.
Sally Shapiro is releasing her "What Can I Do" single next week, but today, we've got this remix of the bubbly synth-pop tune from the '80s-obsessed New Jersey beatmaker Com Truise.
Half of Azari & III, Dinamo Azari drops a stripped-down version of the latest house jam to surface from NY DJ/producer/vocalist Kim Ann Foxman, "Return It."
Berlin-based artist Jimmy Edgar does his dirty electro-techno hybrid thing to the title track from London band Get People's upcoming Back to Dust EP.
Distal's Embassy label is about to drop a two-track release from London up-and-comer Thefft, and has given us the exclusive preview of both drum-heavy tracks in their entirety.
This buoyant dancefloor jam is a vocal edit of "Vōs-Sākō-Rv," a lively cut from Lindstrøm's recently released Smalhans album.
Here's a slow-grooving version of Tomas Barfod's excellent "November Skies" track from his Salton Sea LP for Friends of Friends, a remix by ex-LOL Boys producer Jerome LOL.
If you didn't know, The Miracles Club's Rafael Fauria has a side project with Avalon Kalin of Finesse, making similarly classic and deep house cuts under the name Emotion II Emotion; the duo just dropped its first EP via Skylax Records, which you can stream in the player above.
Young Irish producer Mmoths unveils the tender first leak from his upcoming Diaries EP, featuring a vocal turn from R&B upstart Young & Sick.
This ominous and punishing cut of electronic madness arrives courtesy of the two Raster-Noton label heads that make up Diamond Version, a duo which will release its second in a series of five EPs on November 27 via Mute.
Because we're pretty sture you guys can't get enough of Kid Smpl, here's another leak from his brand-new Skylight LP, the spacious and emotive "Nearing."
The Lefse-signed producer Mister Lies announced the imminent arrival of his first LP, Mowgli, with this stream of its first single, the acid-tinged and beat-driven "Align."
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player