Press Play: Roska, JD Twitch, Karenn, Throwing Snow, and More
- Words: Patric Fallon
If you're looking for top-notch DJ mixes, full album streams, never-before-heard originals, and high-profile remixes, then today's installment of Press Play has got you covered. Check out the players embedded after the jump to catch loads of tunes from the likes of Roska, Gerry Read, Blawan's and Pariah's Karenn project, Mike Simonetti, Throwing Snow, C.R.S.T's Chesus, and many more.
Ahead of his appearance tonight in Fabric's Room Two, Rinse FM affiliate and inimitable DJ/producer Roska shares his live set from this year's Lovebox festival as a free stream and download.
Optimo's JD Twitch tries his hand at remixing Belfast shoegaze outfit Girls Names, delivering his lengthy and hardware-driven version of the band's latest single "The New Life."
If you missed the boys' performance on Boiler Room this week, you can now watch the relentlessly punishing set of live techno from Blawan's and Pariah's Karenn project in full.
UK basscase Throwing Snow is set to drop the second EP for his own Snowfall imprint on December 3, but before then, shares a cut from Aspera, the heavily textured "Behest."
If you read our review of Jummy, the praiseworthy debut LP by UK house-techno firebrand Gerry Read, you'll have an idea of how much we enjoyed the music on that record; as such, we thought you should hear another of the album's standout tunes before it drops next week via Fourth Wave.
In a fit of holiday spirit, Italians Do it Better label boss Mike Simonetti offers an EP of edits for free, all of which you can stream and download in the player above.
Chesus, who is one fourth of C.R.S.T. and recently released a record via Doc Daneeka's Ten Thousand Yen imprint, drops the second Love Party podcast, which boasts loads of tuneage from the likes of Julio Bashmore, Huxley, The Organ Grinder, Gerd, and the DJ himself, among others.
DVA's aptly named record label, DVA Music, will release the debut LP from London up-and-comer Shy One early next week, but you can listen to the 10-track Bedknobs and Boomkicks before then.
Danish artist Ctrls unveils a stream of his upcoming EP for the Token label, a four-track offering of stripped-down, mind-bending, funk-infused techno.
Here's another unexpected gem of an EP, this time from Detroit artist MGUN, a one-time Kyle Hall collaborator and producer of classically minded, experimental techno.
We finish today's Press Play with another mix, which arrives courtesy of Douster's Bebup label/blog and French outfit Palma.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player