If you want to know what's going down in street art–from stencils to wheatpastes to billboard liberation–your first stop should be the Wooster Collective website. Since January 2003, husband-and-wife team Marc and Sara Schiller have been faithfully chronicling the latest developments in urban modification from Croatia to Australia and all points in between. Read more »
White Rose Movement frontman Finn Vine bears a close resemblance to both Joy Division's Ian Curtis and Gabi Delgado-Lopez of German industrial/electronic pioneers DAF. This is no accident. From his live performance–full of nervous energy and curiously robotic dancing–you get the feeling that this rail-thin, angular boy in the fiercely buttoned-up shirt has spent hours studying the ways of underground '80s idols.
Read more »
He's best known as tour DJ and resident sample-digger for downtempo hitmakers Portishead, but as his The Document series of mix CDs shows, Andy Smith's true love runs from the funk and disco he heard growing up in late-'70s Bristol to the underground hip-hop of today. Read more »
Ten bucks says Owen Ashworth can make you cry in under two minutes.
With a couple of crummy Casios and his trusty 4-track, the 28-year-old film school dropout has built a decade-spanning career out of drawing tears at rapid speeds. Armed with two-minute synth-pop songs and a husky, Prozac-induced voice, Ashworth (a.k.a. Casiotone for the Painfully Alone) has brought to life a trilogy of melancholy mini-epics: Answering Machine Music, Pocket Symphonies for Lonely Subway Cars, and Twinkle Echo.
Read more »
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player