Press Play: Scuba, Floating Points, Locked Groove, Hackman, and More
It was yet another busy week for new bits of audio and video on the internet, and Press Play is here to round up the best of it. We've got remixes, originals, premieres, videos, entire record streams, and more from the likes of Scuba, Locked Groove, FaltyDL, George FitzGerald, Floating Points, Hackman, Teen Daze, Ghostpoet, and Peaking Lights, among others. Take a look after the jump, and start clicking those play buttons.
Before Aus label boss Will Saul (a.k.a. Close) unleashes his debut LP via !K7 on June 3, the album's lead single "Beam Me Up (feat. Charlene Soraia & Scuba)" can be streamed in full, along with an accompanying remix from George FitzGerald.
The man behind the Eglo label, Floating Points unveiled his jazzy "Wires" track from his imprint's forthcoming compilation.
Today, we're premiering the entirety of Innershades' forthcoming That Girl EP, complete with remixes from Locked Groove and Vakula.
UK DJ/producer Hackman seems to be on quite a roll lately, and continues that streak with a remix of this new Tim Goldsworthy-produced tune by electro-pop chanteuse Little Boots.
Speaking of pop-turned-house remixes, New York's FaltyDL dropped his version of Alice Russell's new "Heartbreaker" single.
Check out this well-executed new video for Ghostpoet's latest track of touching hip-hop, "Meltdown."
Heaping psychedelia onto more psychedelia, the dub fanatics of Peaking Lights dropped a stellar remix of "Chasing the Dead" by Chrome Canyon.
The week after Vondelpark released its debut LP, Seadbed, Factory Floor has issued its angular and stripped-down version of the lush "California Analog Dream."
Teen Daze randomly dropped a new EP this week, saying that all the money made by The House on the Mountain "will go towards my wedding budget."
UK dance-poppers Redlight get a hefty house version of its new "Switch it Off" single by Manchester DJ/producer Paleman.
Just before Lorca's If I Told You EP is made available digitally, the whole thing can now be streamed in its entirety.
Here's a disturbing video for Clockwork's "One Way Ticket" tune, one which tells the story of a man who loses his sense of smell.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player