Press Play: MK, Skream, Hyetal, Ryan Hemsworth, and More
A ton of great music appeared on the internet as streaming audio and video this week—more so than usual, it seems. We're not exaggerating: We've got record streams, fresh mixes, free downloads, high-profile remixes, and more from artists like MK, Skream, The Miracles Club, John Tejada, Ryan Hemsworth, Koreless, Joe Godard, Natasha Kmeto, and Hyetal, among others. All of the sights and sounds of this week's edition of Press Play can full enjoyed after the jump.
House veteran MK shared his sleek forthcoming remix of London songstress Sinead Harnett.
Infinity Ink's recent "Infinity" received a jacking remix at the hands of Skream, which in turn received the restless video treatment seen above.
A pair of tunes from Hyetal's forthcoming Modern Worship LP are set to appear on a single of their own next month via True Panther. To spread the word, Hyetal has made both synthy productions available to stream.
Candian production wunderkind Ryan Hemsworth let loose his Still Awake EP this week, making the four-track effort available to stream in full and download for free.
UK sonic explorer Koreless shared a stream of "Last Remnants," a spiraling track from his Yugen EP for Young Turks.
The somewhat elusive Kassem Mosse popped up with a remix for Stellar OM Source's "Elite Excel" track which appears as the b-side to a recent 12" for the RVNG label.
Portland's Dropping Gems label shared two new mixes from hometown outfits Miracles Club and Break Mode as part of its ongoing podcast series.
Speaking of Dropping Gems, from her forthcoming debut full-length for the label, rising producer Natasha Kmeto shared the slow-brewing, vocal-heavy cut "Idiot Proof."
Experimentalist Nate Young will drop the Blinding Confusion LP via NNA Tapes next month, and shared the noise-collaging "When Nothing Works" to help spread the word.
Following last year's Tipping Bowls LP for Kompakt, Taragana Pyjarama plans to drop a new EP of tunes on his newly formed Wyrd imprint. The warm, kaleidoscoping "RAR" serves as the first taste of his upcoming Nothing Hype EP, dropping June 24.
LA's Halocyan label enlisted veteran DJ/producer John Tejada to put together a mini-mix made of the label's releases so far, which the imprint has offered as a free download.
Recorded in Berlin, White Material cohort Young Male made one of his recent hour-long live hardware sets available to stream and download.
The budding Regal Safari duo shared a new production, the patient and enveloping "Closer."
Hot Chip member and Greco-Roman co-head Joe Goddard shared the Mara Carlyle-featuring lead single from his forthcoming EP, Taking Over.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player