Press Play: Daft Punk, Seth Troxler, Sinden, Groundislava, and More
As should be expected, the internet was flooded this week with various bits of audio and video from an array of top-notch international artists, and a sizable portion of those choice items have made their way into this week's installment of Press Play. Our latest edition of this feature series includes fresh remixes, never-before-heard original productions, record streams, DJ mixes, and more from the likes of Daft Punk, LV, Sinden, Seth Troxler, Nils Frahm, Dntel, Lusine, DJ Haus, Clark, Groundislava, and more. The entirety of Press Play's bounty can be experienced after the jump.
Here's a slick-looking teaser video for Daft Punk's remix of its own "Get Lucky" single, which you can stream in full over on Spotify.
Check out Seth Troxler's and Bill Patrick's Soundtrack for the Last Day on Earth mix, a free DJ set originally recorded for Beatport that never appeared because of major label issues—until now.
Before is new Ring Around The Moon EP drops next week via Fools Gold, Sinden is giving away a free download of his "Almost Gone" tune.
LA beatmaker Groundislava turned in this dancefloor-friendly remix of "Gun," the brand-new single by breakout UK synth-pop band Chvrches.
LV's drum-heavy remix of "Layou," lifted from the forthcoming debut album by UK outfit Troumaca, appeared this week before The Grace LP drops on August 26.
One of the biggest highlights of our trip to MUTEK was musician/composer Nils Frahm, who shared his Juno Reworked EP this week with two original tracks and excellent remixes from the likes of Clark and Luke Abbot.
This brand-new mix from prolific DJ/producer/label head DJ Haus is said to feature some unreleased material on the way in the next few months from the Unknown to the Unknown and Hot Haus imprints, including tunes from the likes of Shadow Dancer, Flava D, Palace, and more.
In an unexpected but fruitful pairing, ex-Emeralds member Steve Hauschildt turned in this gorgeous remix of "Lucky" by Ghostly stalwart Lusine.
Check out a couple of tenderly atmospheric outtakes from Dntel's 2007 LP for Sub Pop, Dumb Luck.
Before H-Sik's "Sonic Rage" b/w "No Promises" 12" drops next week via Black Acre, we're treated to a full stream of its two grimy, jungle-heavy sides.
Discobelle Mix 003 is the new podcast from ex-LOL Boys DJ/producer Heartbeat(s), whose debut album, Home Remedies, appeared earlier this month as the inaugural release for new tape label 1080p.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player