Press Play: Zomby, Jamie xx, Moby, DJ Assault, and More
We've got quite the selection of sights and sounds in today's Press Play feature, including DJ sets, record streams, fresh remixes, track premieres, cool videos, and more from the likes of Zomby, Jacques Renault, DJ Assault, Jamie xx, Moby, JJ DOOM, Sam Tiba, and Renaissance Man, among others. Some of it is free to download, some of it is only available to stream, but all of it is worth a listen or two.
The same week he dropped the massive With Love double-album, bass music firebrand Zomby gave away the jungle-indebted "Dreams of Heaven" as a free download.
Jamie xx recorded his live set from the Night & Day festival in Berlin earlier this year, but didn't share it online for all to hear until this week.
NY DJ/producer/icon Moby unveiled a unique project this week, an online resource of over 150 tracks by the artist for "anyone in need of free music for their independent, non-profit film, video, or short." The video above is Moby's introduction to his appropriately titled Mobygratis.com service.
Here's our premiere of an unlikely remix of French duo Logo's "Fabrice" single for Kitsune by Detroit ghetto house veteran DJ Assault.
Months after "Back to You" was released by his Let's Play House imprint, NY disco/house artist Jacques Renault hands his single over to Dutch producer Tom Trago for this stripped-down remix treatment.
Jneiro Jarel's and MF Doom's JJ DOOM project shared this simple-but-effective music video for its nod-worthy "Bookhead" tune.
The impossibly titled "U Lookin for a Title and All U Think About is That Other Person so U Name it Me & Her" is lifted off the The Saddest Show in Town EP by Club Cheval affiliate and Parisian producer Sam Tiba.
Cologne techno institution Kompakt is offering a free download of Kölsch's bright-eyed and thumping "Goldfisch" tune before it's released as part of the 1977 LP next week.
The last track to appear from Renaissance Man's forthcoming Early Man EP is the sidewinding "UFO (Who R U?)."
Lisbon duo Octa Push shares a full stream of its drum-heavy, 12-track Oito LP for Senseless Records before it drops next week.
Here's a video of the unveiling of the next single on the way from Tim Sweeney's Beats in Space label, the smoothed-out sounds of Tornado Wallace's "Desperate Pleasures." (PS. Anyone who happens to be in the New York area tonight should head to Cameo Gallery to see the Beats in Space showcase with Secret Circuit, Tim Sweeney, and Jee Day.)
Before it's released next week via Tigerbeat 6, Magic Panda's kaleidoscopic Temple of a Thousand Lights LP can now be heard in it entirey.
- NewsDownload Damiano Von Erckert's 'Love Based Music' LP with a Remix from Motor City Drum Ensemble
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- MP3The Acid "Basic Instinct (Lapalux Remix)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Max Cooper, SBTRKT, Efdemin, and More
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player