Press Play: DJ Shadow, Larry Heard, Skream, Lindstrøm, and More
Wow—we've got a lot of big reasons to be excited about this week's edition of Press Play. Namely, the likes of DJ Shadow, Lindstrøm, South London Ordnance, Vessel, Skream, Stacey Pullen, Larry Heard, and Kyle Hall, among others, dropped remixes, music videos, fresh original productions, and more for their fans to stream this week. It's a whole lot to take in, so we suggest that everyone starts clicking on all the play buttons waiting after the jump.
Machinedrum's new "Eyesdontlie" single was treated to a remix this week by iconic Bay Area artist DJ Shadow.
Another veteran DJ/producer, Larry Heard, issued a remix this week, giving "Born Too Late" by Dent May the "Fingers Club Mix" treatment.
LA duo Inc. was another indie-friendly band to get a big electronic artist to play around with its music—namely, calling on UK dubstep star Skream to remix "5 Days."
Here's a cute music video for Norwegian space-disco stalwart Lindstrøm's "Vōs-sākō-rv" single from last year's Smalhans mini-album.
South London Ordnance transformed Swim Deep's "King City" track into a massive, atmospheric dancefloor tune.
Before Just Be's Growler EP drops next week via the Mood label, veteran Detroit artist Stacey Pullen gives us the premiere of his propulsive remix of the record's title track.
Kyle Hall's and FunkinEven's collaboartive FunkinEvil project drops another one of the four tracks from its upcoming 12" for Wild Oats, the raw hardware funk of "Ignorant."
In an unexpected turn, Bristolian producer Vessel debuted his remix of Cassie's classic "Me & U" this week, which was released under his Killing Sound moniker.
San Francisco DJ/producer Ghosts on Tape unveiled the b-side from his upcoming 12" for Icee Hot, the hypnotically stripped-down "Still Got the Feeling."
Another track from Lil Silva's upcoming The Distance EP hit the internet this week, making "No Doubt (feat. Rosie Lowe)" the first instance of the producer using his own voice in a track.
This week, Black Dice's Eric Copeland posted leftfield dance cut "Cheap Treat," his lead single from the upcoming Joke in the Hole LP for DFA.
The latest FADER MoMA PS1 Warm Up Mix arrived from XXYXX, who mixed together names like Lapalux, Apparat, Floating Points, Holly Herndon, Salem, and Thundercat for his 45-minute DJ set.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player