Press Play: Madlib, Rustie, Paul Woolford, Ras G, and More
Seeing as how we've got some some unreleased jams, exclusive premieres, free downloads, one-of-a-kind DJ mixes, and more from quality talent like Madlib, Rustie, Anthony Naples, Roska, Ras G, Andrew Weatherall, Samo Sound Boy, Paul Woolford, Supreme Cuts, and others, today's edition of Press Play simply should not be missed.
Here's a big collaborative tune from iconic LA beatsmith Madlib, who teams up with Freddie Gibbs and Karriem Riggins for the latest entry of Adult Swim's singles series, "City."
UK indie-pop darlings Bloc Party got treated to a top-notch remix of its new "Ratchet" single by Glaswegian badman Rustie.
Paul Woolford is dropping an EP under his Special Request moniker next week, the edgy and and jungle-centric Hardcore EP for Houndstooth, which arrived as an early stream along with remixes from Anthony Naples and Lee Gamble.
SoCal space cadet Ras G is giving us the premiere of a new tune from his the forthcoming Back on the Planet LP for Brainfeeder, the off-kilter and cosmic "_G Spot Connection."
Here's a skittering, club-ready remix of Ghostpoet's new "Cold Win" single by UK bass wrangler Roska.
The mixtape that everyone can't stop talking about, Arca's wildly inventive, 25-minute &&&&&—which is chock full of strictly the artists own productions—has now found its place on XLR8R.
Here is Andrew Weatherall's promo mix for the forthcoming The Asphodells Remixed album, featuring Daniel Avery, Ivan Smagghe, and more.
For seemingly no reason at all, LA party-starter Samo Sound Boy shared his "Spirit Tool" tune with the internet this week.
DFA up-and-comer Dan Bodan received a patently strange, consistently interesting remix of his "Anonymous" track by Brooklyn experimentalist Gobby.
Supreme Cuts announced his upcoming sophomore album, Divine Ecstasy, by sharing its wide-eyed lead single, "Envision (feat. Channy From Polica)."
There's no lack of sunny and wistful music coming from Sweden at any given time, but Ditt Inre's brand-new "Vi kommer aldrig bli som er" might just be some of the best.
Here's a mix from Elijah and Shiftee, which was recorded live at The Drop in Boston using two Technic 1210s, two Pioneer CDJ 2000s, one Pioneer DJM800 mixer, one Native Instruments Maschine, and one Native Instruments Z2 mixer.
Burgeoning Brooklyn producer Hank Jackson is about to release his debut 12" via Mr. Saturday Night, and the hard-edged "Deposit" is one of its three spicy tracks.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player