Press Play: Jimmy Edgar, xxxy, Paul Woolford, Basement Jaxx, and More
We've got quite the selection of sounds in today's Press Play feature, including DJ sets, EP streams, remix premieres, and top-notch original productions from the likes of Jimmy Edgar, Huxley, xxxy, Ghostpoet, L.I.E.S. signee Vereker, DJ Q, Jel, Hyperdub up-and-comer Jessy Lanza, Maxmillion Dunbar, Wiley, and more. Some of it is downloadable, some of it can only be streamed, but all of it is worth a listen or two.
Here's a free download of Jimmy Edgar's remix of "Restless (feat. Natasha Kmeto)" by British duo Letherette.
London DJ/producer xxxy turned in this remix of Austra's new "Painful Like" single for Domino.
Check out our premiere of Paul Woolford's remix for Ghostpoet, a version of the UK wordsmith's "Cold Win" track from the Some Say I So I Say Light LP (out on September 24 via [PIAS] America).
Basement Jaxx has been churning out the singles lately, and this take on "What A Difference Your Love Makes" is the latest iteration of the duo's new music from UK DJ/producer Huxley.
This hard-edged "refix" of Wiley's "100%" single arrives today as a free download from former Various Productions affiliate Ean.
DJ Q's latest single for the Local Action label is the vocal-led house tune "Let The Music Play (feat. Louise Williams)."
For anyone on the look out for a challenging DJ mix, check out the third podcast of the L.I.E.S. podcast series from Vereker.
Following Jeremy Greenspan's remix of Roland Tings' new remix for Club Mod, don't miss Maxmillion Dunbar's remix of "Cagean Sea."
Bay Area-based Anticon co-founder Jel returns with a new single from his upcoming album, the title track "Late Pass."
As we lead up to the September 17 release date of her Pull My Hair Back LP for Hyperdub, Canadian singer/producer Jessy Lanza unveils another tune from her debut album, the strangely catchy "5785021."
Just before it drops via the Curle label, Talbot Wood shares a full stream of the brand-new Dream Sequence EP.
After having premiered this week on The FADER, Co La's Paranoid Summer mix can now be streamed and downloaded for free.
Check out the latest release from High Sheen, Pegasus' brand-new "Air" single, which comes complete with remixes from Innershades and Lovers' Rights.
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player