Press Play: Jimmy Edgar, xxxy, Paul Woolford, Basement Jaxx, and More
We've got quite the selection of sounds in today's Press Play feature, including DJ sets, EP streams, remix premieres, and top-notch original productions from the likes of Jimmy Edgar, Huxley, xxxy, Ghostpoet, L.I.E.S. signee Vereker, DJ Q, Jel, Hyperdub up-and-comer Jessy Lanza, Maxmillion Dunbar, Wiley, and more. Some of it is downloadable, some of it can only be streamed, but all of it is worth a listen or two.
Here's a free download of Jimmy Edgar's remix of "Restless (feat. Natasha Kmeto)" by British duo Letherette.
London DJ/producer xxxy turned in this remix of Austra's new "Painful Like" single for Domino.
Check out our premiere of Paul Woolford's remix for Ghostpoet, a version of the UK wordsmith's "Cold Win" track from the Some Say I So I Say Light LP (out on September 24 via [PIAS] America).
Basement Jaxx has been churning out the singles lately, and this take on "What A Difference Your Love Makes" is the latest iteration of the duo's new music from UK DJ/producer Huxley.
This hard-edged "refix" of Wiley's "100%" single arrives today as a free download from former Various Productions affiliate Ean.
DJ Q's latest single for the Local Action label is the vocal-led house tune "Let The Music Play (feat. Louise Williams)."
For anyone on the look out for a challenging DJ mix, check out the third podcast of the L.I.E.S. podcast series from Vereker.
Following Jeremy Greenspan's remix of Roland Tings' new remix for Club Mod, don't miss Maxmillion Dunbar's remix of "Cagean Sea."
Bay Area-based Anticon co-founder Jel returns with a new single from his upcoming album, the title track "Late Pass."
As we lead up to the September 17 release date of her Pull My Hair Back LP for Hyperdub, Canadian singer/producer Jessy Lanza unveils another tune from her debut album, the strangely catchy "5785021."
Just before it drops via the Curle label, Talbot Wood shares a full stream of the brand-new Dream Sequence EP.
After having premiered this week on The FADER, Co La's Paranoid Summer mix can now be streamed and downloaded for free.
Check out the latest release from High Sheen, Pegasus' brand-new "Air" single, which comes complete with remixes from Innershades and Lovers' Rights.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player