Press Play: Four Tet, Autechre, Breach, Kyle Hall, and More
There's a load of reasons to be excited about this week's edition of Press Play. Specifically, we've got sights and sounds from the likes of Four Tet, Mosca, Breach, Kyle Hall, Autechre, Legowelt, Anthony Naples, Gerry Read, and Pilooski, among others—including quality remixes, full record streams, engrossing music videos, DJ mixes, and more. It's quite a bit to take in, so we suggest that everyone gets to clicking on those play buttons after the jump.
Though it happened this past weekend, Four Tet's eight-hour, marathon set for Rinse went live on the internet this week.
Vintage footage of Autechre performing in Manchester circa 1991 appeared seemingly out of nowhere recently, quickly making its way around the blogosphere.
Fast-rising UK DJ/producer Breach dropped a slick video for his new Andreya Triana-featuring single "Everything You Never Had (We Had It All)."
"Wallflower (Kyle Hall Remix)" is the latest version of Close's recent single with Fink to hit the web.
The same week Mosca's latest record drops via Delsin's Ann Aimee imprint, his A Thousand Years' Wait EP can now be streamed in full.
Legowelt's new "Teen Romance" tune for L.I.E.S. is on its way next month, but can now be heard in its entirety ahead of its release.
Brooklyn house experimentalist Anthony Naples was tapped to remix !!!'s "Californyeah" track for Warp.
Gerry Read's new 12" for Fourth Wave is out this coming Monday, so we get to hear another one of its tracks, "Andy Asteroids," before then.
Aussie duo Gardland let loose with another track from its upcoming Syndrome Syndrome LP for RVNG, the moody "Magicville."
It has been a while since we've heard from recent Brooklyn transplant Jim-E Stack, but he changed that this week by dropping his new "Is It Me" single.
Brownswood signees Owiny Sigoma Band just shared Pilooski's buoyant remix of its "Sunken Wrecks" tune.
We're not entirely sure why this video for a track called "Prove You Exist" by Claude Speeed appeared, but we're glad it did.
File this one under totally unexpected remixes: Seattle tunesmith Kid Simpl transformed DJ Khaled's "No New Friends" into a heavy smear of atmospheric beats.
This video for "The Gorge" by newcomer ALAK is the latest taste of the producer's upcoming Guardian Petted release for the Kaleidoscope label.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player