Press Play: Jonwayne, Cooly G, T. Williams, Cut Copy, and More
Where to begin with our batch of Press Play goodies for this week? Well, we've got videos, DJ mixes, brand-new original productions, and plenty of quality remixes from the likes of Cooly G, Fort Romeau, Jonwayne, Axel Boman, Groundislava, Dauwd, T. Williams, and Flume, among others. The bounty of Press Play's audio and video can be consumed after the jump.
Produced by Jonwayne, Jeremiah Jae's "Seventy 8" track from his recent Bad Jokes mixtape got a music video this week by LA director Justin Staple.
Korallreven recently dropped the first single from its as-yet-unannounced second LP, and followed it up with a remix of the sun-soaked tune by UK club queen Cooly G.
Before he heads out on tour with Mosca, UK garage patron T. Williams post a stream of "Smile (feat. Tendai)" from his recent Feelings Within EP for PMR.
Aussie synth-pop band Cut Copy just had the titular single from its Free Your Mind LP remixed by UK deep-house enthusiast Fort Romeau.
Axel Boman finally announced his debut album, Family Vacation, last month, and just shared the first taste of its tracklist this week, the breezy "Fantastic Piano."
As it approaches complete cultural saturation, Drake's brand-new "Hold On We're Going Home" single got a trance-y and smile-inducing remix from Groundislava.
Applescal's Atomnation label is set to release a new single from Olaf Stuut, and it comes with Dauwd's excellent remix of "Siren."
"Holdin On (feat. Freddie Gibbs)" is a brand-new version of a single from the upcoming deluxe edition of Flume's self-titled debut LP.
With the stream of "Gateway" going online this week, we've now officially heard all three tracks from Tessela's debut EP for R&S before it drops on October 8.
'80s R&B-obsessed Nashville duo Jensen Sportag is slowly leaking out tracks from its upcoming debut LP for Cascine, the latest of which is the moody and slow-grooving "Rain Code."
Brooklyn up-and-comer Hank Jackson dropped a fresh mix this week for Dutch outpost Wichelroede.
George FitzGerald's ManMakeMusic label is about to drop a 12" from the producer known only as U, but before that record arrives next week, we can now hear two of its three shadowy, bass-laden cuts.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player