Press Play: Jonwayne, Cooly G, T. Williams, Cut Copy, and More
Where to begin with our batch of Press Play goodies for this week? Well, we've got videos, DJ mixes, brand-new original productions, and plenty of quality remixes from the likes of Cooly G, Fort Romeau, Jonwayne, Axel Boman, Groundislava, Dauwd, T. Williams, and Flume, among others. The bounty of Press Play's audio and video can be consumed after the jump.
Produced by Jonwayne, Jeremiah Jae's "Seventy 8" track from his recent Bad Jokes mixtape got a music video this week by LA director Justin Staple.
Korallreven recently dropped the first single from its as-yet-unannounced second LP, and followed it up with a remix of the sun-soaked tune by UK club queen Cooly G.
Before he heads out on tour with Mosca, UK garage patron T. Williams post a stream of "Smile (feat. Tendai)" from his recent Feelings Within EP for PMR.
Aussie synth-pop band Cut Copy just had the titular single from its Free Your Mind LP remixed by UK deep-house enthusiast Fort Romeau.
Axel Boman finally announced his debut album, Family Vacation, last month, and just shared the first taste of its tracklist this week, the breezy "Fantastic Piano."
As it approaches complete cultural saturation, Drake's brand-new "Hold On We're Going Home" single got a trance-y and smile-inducing remix from Groundislava.
Applescal's Atomnation label is set to release a new single from Olaf Stuut, and it comes with Dauwd's excellent remix of "Siren."
"Holdin On (feat. Freddie Gibbs)" is a brand-new version of a single from the upcoming deluxe edition of Flume's self-titled debut LP.
With the stream of "Gateway" going online this week, we've now officially heard all three tracks from Tessela's debut EP for R&S before it drops on October 8.
'80s R&B-obsessed Nashville duo Jensen Sportag is slowly leaking out tracks from its upcoming debut LP for Cascine, the latest of which is the moody and slow-grooving "Rain Code."
Brooklyn up-and-comer Hank Jackson dropped a fresh mix this week for Dutch outpost Wichelroede.
George FitzGerald's ManMakeMusic label is about to drop a 12" from the producer known only as U, but before that record arrives next week, we can now hear two of its three shadowy, bass-laden cuts.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player