New Zealand-reared, now Melbourne, Australia-based producer Mark Wundercastle is next up on the fast-growing—and pleasantly unpredictable—1080p label. Pulled from his upcoming Cell EP is "AC," a seven-minute jaunt across percussive drum-machine patterns, where tuned kicks meet sweeping synth chords and airy, cyclical melodies. From this simple combination of components, Wundercastle is able to build a hypnotic production, one which frequently relies on the entrancing pulse of its drum programming to lull the listener further into its sonic world. In addition to "AC," Wundercastle's Cell EP promises to offer six more "extremely heavy tracks tinged by early '00s futurist vibes" when it officially drops in both cassette and digital form on n August 19.
Locked Groove has revealed plans to add another effort to his already impressive 2014 run (which has included records for We Play House as well as his own eponymous label) with the forthcoming Thesseus EP, which will mark the Berlin-based producer's debut on Permanent Vacation. Read more »
Early next month, Seattle producer Korma will drop the four-track Skyline EP as part of Car Crash Set's Ice Rink release series. Set to close out the forthcoming effort is "Sky Hook," a bass-rooted production which comes packed with industrial percussion. Running just over four-minutes, Korma's track aligns an ever-growing series of dark machine hits with a barrage of otherworldly FX, together forming tight rhythms that wrap around the tune's steely atmosphere. Korma's Skyline EP is set to land on September 2, which is also the date his Springblade/ Chain 2.0 EP is scheduled to drop, both via the DC-based Car Crash Set imprint.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player