Hip-hop head-nodders and lovers of words, be advised. Your brother-in-arms, Minneapolis-based MC Brother Ali, has finished prepping his follow-up to 2007's The Undisputed Truth. The next chapter in Ali's anthology of personal albums, entitled Us, comes September 22 from backpack rap's dream team, Rhymesayers. Read more »
We've all got at least one more reason to love Amsterdam now. This October, from the 21st til the 24th, 80,000 dance music lovers, and just about the entirety of the industry behind the music's many genres, will converge on 40 different venues to witness the 700-plus DJs and live music acts that make up the 14th edition of the Amsterdam Dance Event. Read more »
Not that the Ed Banger crew hasn't already brought some French flavor to the west coast's largest center of music and entertainment, but L.A. will once again be taken by a storm of berets, French house, and indie-pop music, this time at the Henry Fonda Theatre September 23 through the 25. Read more »
The hip-hop world clambers at just about any music news from the reliably slow-moving Clipse front, so you can imagine our excitement upon learning that the Virginia Beach-based duo was hard at work with a multitude of producers on its third full-length, Till the Casket Drops. Read more »
The elusive boy beyond breakbeat-hardcore-revivalist persona Zomby is at it again, this time with One Foot Ahead of the Other, an EP expected August 24 on
Ramp Recordings. A tracklist follows, but if you just can't wait, preview a few of the tunes here and at the Ramp MySpacepage.
Read more »
A nice little slice of rock-hop from the tour-only album 100% from Kid Koala, Dynomite D, and members of Wolfmother under the moniker The Slew. Scratches (natches!), dope-ass beats, and rock guitar and vocals round out this exclusive track from the foursome to promote their upcoming one-off North American tour.
This October, Richie Hawtin's Plus 8 label will celebrate its 100th release with a special remix compilation, featuring tracks from the 19-years-running back-catalog remixed by friends of the producer/DJ extraordinaire. As well, the iconic Plus 8 logo will undergo a redesign. And here's where you come in: Plus 8 is asking its fans to reinterpret one of the label's five logos from the past. The best submissions will be integrated as part of the special anniversary release. Read more »
This time around, XLR8R's Inbox sits down with Angeleno soul sister Georgia Anne Muldrow. Ms. One discusses lost dreams, candle wax, unique family members, and doing away with European philosophy and the idea of clothing as a source of identity. Muldrow’s third full-length, Umsindo, is out now on SomeOthaShip.
XLR8R: What are you listening to right now?
Georgia Anne Muldrow: Holy Smokes by Dudley Perkins.
Read more »
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- NewsApplescal Readies 'Mirage' EP for Atomnation, Shares New Track
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- NewsGroundislava Details Upcoming LP for Friends of Friends
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player