From the looks of it, The Wanderer is a young producer in the early stages of building his catalog up. To that effect, his latest effort is a remix of Barcelona duo Downliners Sekt's "Eiger Dreams," which appears alongside other reworks from patten, Blondes, Chevel and others on a new remix EP for the InFiné label (for the record, we posted Blondes' contribution last month). Appearing in its original form on Downliners Sekt's Silent Ascent LP, "Eiger Dreams" is a particularly dense and winding affair—two traits which The Wanderer only further develops on his remix, adding even more layers of sonic abstraction and warm-blooded grit to the track's ominously disjointed run.
Brendon Moeller, Clay Wilson, and Certain Creatures Prep Collaborative 12" for Styles Upon Styles; Hear a Track Now
Brendon Moeller, Brooklyn experimentalist Clay Wilson, and modular synth enthusiast Oliver Chapoy (a.k.a. Certain Creatures) will come together under the moniker BM/CC/CW on an upcoming 12" for NY label Styles Upon Styles. Read more »
All week long, XLR8R is presenting its annual focus on Labels We Love. Click here to check out the rest of the series.
There's little denying that Night Slugs and PAN have been two of the most innovative labels in electronic music during the past few years. Founded in London in 2010 and 2008 respectively, both imprints have since worked ceaselessly, carving out their own distinct paths at the increasingly flexible borders between dance music and electronic experimentation. Read more »
If Tokyo-based producer Emufucka is one thing, it's unpredictable. The RBMA graduate seems capable of forging beats in any number of shapes and sizes, whether its boisterous dancefloor workouts, futuristic boom-bap, more stoney hip-hop fare, or—in the case of "Reflection"—somewhere between all of that. Pulled from Emufucka's forthcoming Island EP for Fremdtunes, the track features its share of skittering drums, on top of which appear a smattering of harp-like melodic runs, twisted vocal samples, and a any number of liquified synth chords. The result is pleasantly hard to classify, as we imagine much of Emufucka's Island EP will prove to be when it drops on October 20. For those interested in hearing where else the adventurous producer plans to head on his forthcoming release, Emufucka's latest EP can be previewed after the jump. Read more »
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player