Before the UK's cross-pollinating dubstep outfit King Midas Sound drops Without You—an album of "reworks" of tracks off the With You LP from an all-star cast of producers—on November 1 via Hyperdub, we're treated to this whimsical version of "Earth a Kill Ya" by Brooklyn psych lovers Gang Gang Dance. Read more »
Simply put, Taragana Pyjarama (pictured above) makes real nice music. The Denmark-based artist released his self-titled debut EP back in March, but it's basically incomprehensible that its fuzzy tones and Balearic melodies could ever grow tiresome. This new remix of EP cut "Sudanese Blonde" is no different, as FCAN has taken the dreamy swirl of the original tune and punched up the low end with some thicker, club-ready beats. It's not a wholesale reinvention, but it should help tide everyone over until new Taragana Pyjarama material appears sometime in the months ahead.
While the new UK foursome PEACE (pictured above) is a touch too straight-ahead indie rock for our tastes here at XLR8R, this remix by Wax Cotton is a little more our style. The fresh-faced DJ/production duo from London creates a midtempo, electro- and disco-tinged house vibe with a newly amplified bassline and four-on-the-floor kick while removing the distortion and leaving only traces of the original vocals and guitar behind.
Global Communication, Frankie Knuckles, Matias Aguayo, and Many More to Perform as Part of RBMA Madrid
It was unfortunate news that the Red Bull Music Academy had to withdraw from hosting this year's events in Tokyo in the wake of the devastating tsunami, but things started looking brighter once Madrid was named as the new locale RBMA 2011 would inhabit. Now, with the announcement of the first round of events scheduled to take place in the Spanish capital, the excitement has jumped a notch. Read more »
This piece of haunting, hip-hop-flavored bass music comes courtesy of Sylle Struck (a.k.a. Sylvester Struckman), and is taken from his new EP, Solid Ground for My Trolley, which came out yesterday on SoundEscape. The Danish DJ/producer and Greased Up crew member is offering the entire EP for free download on Bandcamp. Check out the video for another cut, "High Five," complete with its images of hardcore weed porn, after the jump. Read more »
San Diego, CA producer eLan is having a very busy year. He already released two EPs in 2011 on Modeselektor’s Monkeytown label, and has another EP and a double album, Next2Last, due out later this month. eLan, a member of Shlohmo's WeDidItCollective, sent over this remix from the second disc, a lurching, low-end-heavy production crafted by another West Coaster, Low Limit (a.k.a. the LA-based half of Lazer Sword).
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- NewsGroundislava Details Upcoming LP for Friends of Friends
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player