IK Multimedia AmpliTube iRig iPhone Interface
- Words: Tony Ware
The iPhone can now take you from ringtones to ringing tone. The pocket-sized IK Multimedia iRig (MSRP: $39.99) builds off AmpliTube's low-latency gear-modeling engine. Combining an app and guitar-slide-sized dongle, a mono 1/4-inch input, and 1/8-inch stereo output, the adaptor converts the iPhone headphone jack into a functional practice amp for guitar/bass/keyboard. You can save/recall 12 preset chains featuring one amp, cabinet, and microphone with three effects (purchased from an expandable selection, with gratis tuner and metronome). Crank a Marshall-style lead amp and modulation pedals and you're ringmaster to a throaty psychedelic circus. Through sliding panels each component mirrors much of its desktop customizability, though don't expect session-worthy fidelity. It delivers a stable, perspiration-free entry to solo jamming and a surprisingly convincing sketchpad for dialing in virtual tone.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player