Denon DN-MC6000 Mixer and MIDI Controller
- Words: Evan Shamoon
The march of the digital DJ solutions continues. Denon's DN MC-6000 (MSRP: $949) goes for the all-in-one approach, built for the club with its steel chassis and rackmountability. It's designed to work with Traktor and Virtual DJ, and while it's not as tightly integrated with either software as NI's S4 is with Traktor, it's a somewhat more versatile unit. The mixer can take external sources (up to four, line/phono) and mix them without a computer connected. It's festooned with a slew of buttons and knobs (perhaps too many, in fact), including eight hot-cue/sampler buttons, and a host of outputs like balanced XLR, along with unbalanced and booth outputs. It can handle audio and/or video with its switchable crossfader, and has a number of effects built in as well. Those looking for an adaptable, high-end controller won't be disappointed with this reasonably portable, club-ready set-up.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player