Watch Mala, Carl Craig, and Midland Discuss the Importance of Soundsystems
- Words: Glenn Jackson
News flash: Soundsystems are important! It seems like a simple fact, but still one that is so often overlooked in the hustle and bustle of party promoting and club nights. The subject is discussed further in this video from the folks behind Croatia's Dimensions Festival, as we get a chance to hear a bit of the frustrations and joys inherent across the entire spectrum of soundsystem reinforcement from three men—Mala, Carl Craig, and Midland—who have seen their share of it all. While the notable producers don't necessarily break new ground with their talking points, they do touch on a few important—though not so obvious—aspects, such as the importance of quality monitoring and the fact that bad sound and technical issues can take an artist completely out of his performance. Considering all three of these men will be descending on the Croatian coast next month for this year's edition of Dimensions, you can rest assured the festival will definitely be coming correct when it comes to its own soundsystems.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player