Dave Smith Instruments Announces Mopho x4 Analog Synthesizer
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Dave Smith Instruments, the company helmed by snyth-pioneer and "Father of MIDI" Dave Smith, has announced the addition of a new, four-voice analog synthesizer called the Mopho x4 to its reputable line. Essentially a larger, polyphonic version of the company's popular monophonic Mopho unit, the x4 is a fully functional analog synth with a 44-note, semi-wieighted keyboard and an array of adjustable parameters availible on its front panel. Users will also have the ability to link up the x4 with other Dave Smith Instrument devices via the "Poly Chain Port," which allows for the addition of further voices with the use of another synth such as the company's Tetra box. Basically, this new synth looks like a quality piece of equipment. Check the video below to see a demo orchestrated by Mr. Smith himself and to get a better idea of everything that the x4 is capable of.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player