Watch a Production Masterclass with Hypercolour's Alex Jones
- Words: Glenn Jackson
London's Point Blank Insitute has shared a masterclass session featuring Hypercolour label head and producer in his own right Alex Jones. In the nearly hour-long tutorial, Jones completely breaks down his 2011 track "Disappointing Dancefloors," giving an in-depth look at the Ableton session in which the song was built and revealing the tools and tricks he uses to accomplish his techy productions. Even if Jones' tune isn't exactly your thing (which we'd completely understand), given that this session is such a revealing look at a professional producer's process, you'd be hard pressed to not walk away from it with some new gems of wisdom. (via Resident Advisor)
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player