Watch the First Episode of Christopher Willits' New Video Series
- Words: Glenn Jackson
San Francisco-based sound sculptor Christopher Willits has launched a new video series to give listeners a glance at the creative processes behind the multi-instrumentalist's music and art. With CREATE's first episode, Willits shares some of the technical and philosophical aspects that went into "Completion," a track off his recent collaborative LP with the renowned pianist Ryuchi Sakamoto, Ancient Futures. In this seven-minute video, we're able to see a breakdown of the production's Ableton session all while the longstanding Ghostly artist discusses the different roles each musician played and the many decisions that go into an ocean-crossing collaboration of this nature.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player