King Deluxe Announces Julien Mier Remix Contest
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Jelle de Ruiter
Dutch producer Julien Mier (pictured above) and Canadian imprint King Deluxe have launched a remix contest which gives budding producers a chance to rework a track from Mier's recent When Will They Wake Up EP, with the winning tune slated to land on the label's forthcoming remix vinyl. Various stems from EP tracks "Glide, Sail, Float" and "Watercolour Sky" have been shared along with helpful hints on how to stand out from the crowd (i.e. "What we’re looking for is highly original works... Please think outside the box!") All submissions are due by November 30, and while only the top of the crop will have his or her remix appear alongside a new original production from Mier and a pair of reworks from two "stellar mystery" producers, a handful of other worthy candidates will have their tracks picked up for the digital version of the remix EP. To check out the full details and to get your hands on the stems, head here. To get a better idea of what you'll be working with, you can check the video for "Watercolour Sky" below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player