Official Details of Moog Sub Phatty Revealed
- Words: Glenn Jackson
While most of the country was celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr. Day by skipping work, Moog went ahead and officially announced the details of its forthcoming completely analog synth, the Sub Phatty. After first teasing the synth with a video just two weeks back, the full details have revealed the Sub Phatty to be a 25-key synth which comes complete with two variable waveshape oscillaotors, one squarewave sub-osciallator, and a noise generator. The unit appears to have all of the classic Moog controls, including a high-quality filter section with overdrive and plenty of modulation options. Furthermore, the unit has MIDI in and out capabilities and appears to be able to save patches. The full specs of Moog's Sub Phatty can be found here.
While the Sub Phatty isn't set to hit stores until March of this year—with an MSRP of $1099—the company has already tapped Flying Lotus to put together a track using the synth as its primary instrument, which you can listen to via the colorful video below and download for free here.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player