Official Details of Moog Sub Phatty Revealed
- Words: Glenn Jackson
While most of the country was celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr. Day by skipping work, Moog went ahead and officially announced the details of its forthcoming completely analog synth, the Sub Phatty. After first teasing the synth with a video just two weeks back, the full details have revealed the Sub Phatty to be a 25-key synth which comes complete with two variable waveshape oscillaotors, one squarewave sub-osciallator, and a noise generator. The unit appears to have all of the classic Moog controls, including a high-quality filter section with overdrive and plenty of modulation options. Furthermore, the unit has MIDI in and out capabilities and appears to be able to save patches. The full specs of Moog's Sub Phatty can be found here.
While the Sub Phatty isn't set to hit stores until March of this year—with an MSRP of $1099—the company has already tapped Flying Lotus to put together a track using the synth as its primary instrument, which you can listen to via the colorful video below and download for free here.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player