Take a Look Inside Ikonika's Studio
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Shaun Bloodworth
As part of its ongoing Machine Love series, Resident Advisor recently caught up with Hyperdub affiliate and Hum + Buzz co-head Ikonika to take a look at her West London studio and talk production. Although the post may be a little lacking in terms of images for our taste—sometimes we just want to nerd out to some gear pictures—the conversation between Ikonika and RA's Ryan Keeling more than makes up for that, as they cover a wide range of topics including the evolution of Ikonika's production techniques and why—after a very prolific 2010—she's slowed her output to concentrate on experimenting more. You can read the whole interview and get a few glimpses into the London producer's studio here.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player