Take a Look Inside Mouse on Mars' Studio
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Christian Olofsson
It's been almost a year since Mouse on Mars' Parastrophics LP (which you can still stream in full here, by the way) saw a release through Modeselektor's Monkeytown label. Still, the pioneering pair of electronic musicians have hardly been resting in the interim, and—as Resident Advisor found out in its latest Machine Love feature—the group's studio is still as top-notch as ever, its users still bursting with seasoned wisdom. The article finds the duo of Jan St. Werner and Andi Toma discussing the evolution of its techniques and approaches to production, while also hitting on some of the outfit's work for other artists and indulging in some general music-making geekery. You can read the full article over on Resident Advisor, here. And if you need to brush up on your historical Mouse on Mars knowledge, may we point you to our Rewind piece from last year, in which we discuss the vast Mouse on Mars discography with the men themselves.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player