Take a Look Inside Mouse on Mars' Studio
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Christian Olofsson
It's been almost a year since Mouse on Mars' Parastrophics LP (which you can still stream in full here, by the way) saw a release through Modeselektor's Monkeytown label. Still, the pioneering pair of electronic musicians have hardly been resting in the interim, and—as Resident Advisor found out in its latest Machine Love feature—the group's studio is still as top-notch as ever, its users still bursting with seasoned wisdom. The article finds the duo of Jan St. Werner and Andi Toma discussing the evolution of its techniques and approaches to production, while also hitting on some of the outfit's work for other artists and indulging in some general music-making geekery. You can read the full article over on Resident Advisor, here. And if you need to brush up on your historical Mouse on Mars knowledge, may we point you to our Rewind piece from last year, in which we discuss the vast Mouse on Mars discography with the men themselves.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player