Take a Look Inside Steve Summers' Studio
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Calli Higgins
Jason Letkiewicz is a man of many aliases but is perhaps best known as the producer behind the Steve Summers handle—a project whose brand of DIY house has become a leading force at the adventerous L.I.E.S. imprint. Now, Resident Advisor has taken steps to illuminate the Brooklyn-based producer's process and has offered a glance at his arsenal of gear, visiting Letkiewicz's home studio (pictured above) for its latest Machine Love piece. Over the course of the interview, Letkiewicz discusses his preference for hardware, recording to DAT, using the MPC, and much more while spotlighting some of his favorite equipment as well as his curious cat. The full Machine Love article can be read here.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player