Watch Christopher Willits Give a Push Tutorial
- Words: Glenn Jackson
San Francisco-based producer, multi-instrumentalist, and music technology expert Christopher Willits (who longtime readers may recognize from our What You Talking About Willits? video series circa 2008) has added another video to his ongoing Create YouTube series. This time around, the musical guru shares some insight into developing harmonies and chords using Ableton's new Push controller (check out our review here). In the quick piece, Willits shows where music theory and Push meet, allowing users to step outside of the traditional piano interface to come up with new chord combinations using shapes and patterns as they appear on the controller's LEDs. What's more, the Bay Area artist actually lands on the start of a gorgeous tune as he navigates the new technology. The clip can be watched below.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player