Watch Christopher Willits Give a Push Tutorial
- Words: Glenn Jackson
San Francisco-based producer, multi-instrumentalist, and music technology expert Christopher Willits (who longtime readers may recognize from our What You Talking About Willits? video series circa 2008) has added another video to his ongoing Create YouTube series. This time around, the musical guru shares some insight into developing harmonies and chords using Ableton's new Push controller (check out our review here). In the quick piece, Willits shows where music theory and Push meet, allowing users to step outside of the traditional piano interface to come up with new chord combinations using shapes and patterns as they appear on the controller's LEDs. What's more, the Bay Area artist actually lands on the start of a gorgeous tune as he navigates the new technology. The clip can be watched below.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player