Watch Christopher Willits Give a Push Tutorial
- Words: Glenn Jackson
San Francisco-based producer, multi-instrumentalist, and music technology expert Christopher Willits (who longtime readers may recognize from our What You Talking About Willits? video series circa 2008) has added another video to his ongoing Create YouTube series. This time around, the musical guru shares some insight into developing harmonies and chords using Ableton's new Push controller (check out our review here). In the quick piece, Willits shows where music theory and Push meet, allowing users to step outside of the traditional piano interface to come up with new chord combinations using shapes and patterns as they appear on the controller's LEDs. What's more, the Bay Area artist actually lands on the start of a gorgeous tune as he navigates the new technology. The clip can be watched below.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player