Watch Flying Lotus Talk Ableton, Production, Live Performance, and More
- Words: Patric Fallon
SoCal beatmaking impresario Flying Lotus (a.k.a. Steven Ellison) is undoubtedly a wizard when it comes to computer production and working with DAWs of all kind, so it's no wonder that NYC production school Dubspot tapped him for a video interview about producing at home, live performance, and more. Ellison chats about the pressures of feeding into the crowd's expectations, as opposed to the more relaxed vibe of making music in his own space, and the difficulties of being ripped away from his studio to hit the road. The Warp-signed producer also shares how programs like Ableton and Reason have changed the way he makes music, both solo and in collaboration. Dubspot's illuminating interview can be watched below.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player