Watch Giorgio Moroder Talk Synths, Disco, and Collaborating with Daft Punk
Disco pioneer, renowned Donna Summers producer, and all-around synth/dance music genius Giorgio Moroder recently sat down for a rare video interview to discuss his roots as a proudcer, the early days of disco, and his experience collaborating with Daft Punk on the French duo's anticipated Random Accesss Memories album. As it turns out, Moroder is just as engaging and bubbly as his legacy of inspiring dance music would have you believe. The clip shows the veteran artist jovially discussing his first encounter with a synthesizer, working with Summers and others in the heyday of disco, his newfound preference for digital equipment, and the painstaking lengths Daft Punk take to make its records. The full interview can be watched below, courtesy of Creators Project.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player