Watch Giorgio Moroder Talk Synths, Disco, and Collaborating with Daft Punk
Disco pioneer, renowned Donna Summers producer, and all-around synth/dance music genius Giorgio Moroder recently sat down for a rare video interview to discuss his roots as a proudcer, the early days of disco, and his experience collaborating with Daft Punk on the French duo's anticipated Random Accesss Memories album. As it turns out, Moroder is just as engaging and bubbly as his legacy of inspiring dance music would have you believe. The clip shows the veteran artist jovially discussing his first encounter with a synthesizer, working with Summers and others in the heyday of disco, his newfound preference for digital equipment, and the painstaking lengths Daft Punk take to make its records. The full interview can be watched below, courtesy of Creators Project.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player