Watch Giorgio Moroder Talk Synths, Disco, and Collaborating with Daft Punk
Disco pioneer, renowned Donna Summers producer, and all-around synth/dance music genius Giorgio Moroder recently sat down for a rare video interview to discuss his roots as a proudcer, the early days of disco, and his experience collaborating with Daft Punk on the French duo's anticipated Random Accesss Memories album. As it turns out, Moroder is just as engaging and bubbly as his legacy of inspiring dance music would have you believe. The clip shows the veteran artist jovially discussing his first encounter with a synthesizer, working with Summers and others in the heyday of disco, his newfound preference for digital equipment, and the painstaking lengths Daft Punk take to make its records. The full interview can be watched below, courtesy of Creators Project.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player