Watch Four Tet Detail His Live Set-Up
- Words: Patric Fallon
Not unlike yesterday's lengthy pictorial feature in which Mount Kimbie explained how its studio set-up was transformed for live performance, a video of UK producer Kieran Hebden (a.k.a. Four Tet) detailing the inner workings of his own stage rig to a small class at Red Bull Music Academy has hit the internet today. Come to find out, the basics of his onstage gear are rather straightforward. Hebden is essentially splitting up his Ableton set into various channels, sending them into his mixer, and adding his own nuanced tweaks on the fly with FX processors, controllers, and even a second computer. Despite the relative simplicity, it's an interesting and informative session with one of the strongest producers and performers working in electronic music today.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player