Watch Four Tet Detail His Live Set-Up
- Words: Patric Fallon
Not unlike yesterday's lengthy pictorial feature in which Mount Kimbie explained how its studio set-up was transformed for live performance, a video of UK producer Kieran Hebden (a.k.a. Four Tet) detailing the inner workings of his own stage rig to a small class at Red Bull Music Academy has hit the internet today. Come to find out, the basics of his onstage gear are rather straightforward. Hebden is essentially splitting up his Ableton set into various channels, sending them into his mixer, and adding his own nuanced tweaks on the fly with FX processors, controllers, and even a second computer. Despite the relative simplicity, it's an interesting and informative session with one of the strongest producers and performers working in electronic music today.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player