This Week in Music Tech: Kingdom's Studio, Live Control 2, OWL Open-Source FX Pedal, and a Minibrute Contest
- Words: Glenn Jackson
While XLR8R was paying a visit to Kingdom's Los Angeles studio earlier this week, a new iPad-based controller for Ableton Live surfaced—one that works via the popular Lemur app—and an open-source, open-hardware, reprogrammable FX pedal grabbed our attention. Those updates plus a chance to win a Minibrute analog synth from Arturia can be found after the jump.
Night Slugs affiliate, Fade to Mind co-founder, and general badman Kingdom is the latest subject of our ongoing In the Studio series, having opened up the doors to his LA studio to show us around and chat about his creative process. The full article can be read here.
Liine, the developers behind the popular Lemur app, has unveiled Live Control 2, a new iPad-based controller which the company claims "gives you every single feature you need to jam, produce, and perform with Ableton Live." Live Control 2 is currently free to download for any current users of the Lemur app, which can be purchased via iTunes.
A new Kickstarter campaign has surfaced for an "open-source, open-hardware, reprogrammable FX pedal designed for musicians, coders, and hackers," and deemed the OWL. The designers behind the pedal have already doubled their initial goal for the campaign, but are still seeking funds from those who wish to get their hands on the first run of completely customizable pedals before they eventually hit stores. More information can be found here.
French plug-in, controller, and now hardware-synth developers Arturia have launched a contest to give away five of its new Minibrute analog synthesizers, with one grand prize entry winning a trip to France to meet the Arturia crew. To enter the contest—which ends on June 18—head to Arturia's Facebook page, here.
- FeatureLocals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- NewsDownload New Edits from Karizma
- NewsWatch the Wild New Video for "Tsekeleke," Nozinja's First Shangaan Electro Outing for Warp
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsDeadboy Streams Full Upcoming 'Return' EP for Numbers
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player