Native Instruments Teases Kontrol X1 Update
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Since being introduced over three years ago, Native Instruments' X1 controller has proven to be a popular choice for Traktor users in need of extra control for their audio and FX. Now, the German audio technology company has teased the Kontrol X1 MK2, an updated version of its popular unit which comes with a few slick new features. Amongst the MK2's bells and whistles is a multi-function touchstrip which allows for the manipulation of track position, pitch bend, loops, and FX. The MK2 also adds new smart encoders for the "Loop" and "Browse" functions, as well as offers new displays and LEDs which allow for more immediate visual feedback. Though no release date has been set for the Kontrol X1 MK2 yet, it can currently be pre-ordered through NI, here, for the price of $199, and can be seen showing off some of its new features in the video below.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player