Native Instruments Teases Kontrol X1 Update
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Since being introduced over three years ago, Native Instruments' X1 controller has proven to be a popular choice for Traktor users in need of extra control for their audio and FX. Now, the German audio technology company has teased the Kontrol X1 MK2, an updated version of its popular unit which comes with a few slick new features. Amongst the MK2's bells and whistles is a multi-function touchstrip which allows for the manipulation of track position, pitch bend, loops, and FX. The MK2 also adds new smart encoders for the "Loop" and "Browse" functions, as well as offers new displays and LEDs which allow for more immediate visual feedback. Though no release date has been set for the Kontrol X1 MK2 yet, it can currently be pre-ordered through NI, here, for the price of $199, and can be seen showing off some of its new features in the video below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player