Take a Look Inside Mr. G's Studio
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Christian Olofsson
52-year-old UK house veteran and Rekids affiliate Mr. G recently opened the doors to his modest home studio, discussing the synths, rack gear, and production processes that have fueled the former Londoner's—he now resides an hour's train ride away from the English capital—long and fruitful career. Sitting down to chat with Resident Advisor for the site's semi-regular Machine Love series, Mr. G covers the importance of maintaining a vibe in his studio, also going into detail about his approach to sampling on the MPC (which, believe it or not, involves no time stretching), the integral role EQ plays in his process, and how he—surprisingly enough—still chooses to record to mono. RA's full interview and picture set can be found here.
- PodcastDJ Koze
- NewsLevon Vincent Announces Open Call for Artist Apprenticeship in Berlin
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2013: Top Downloads (60 - 41)
- FeatureHi-Five - Snoop Dogg Selects His Five Favorite Dam-Funk Tunes and Dam-Funk Selects His Five Favorite Snoop Tracks
- MP3Nils Frahm "You (Teen Daze Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player