Applescal's Atomnation Label Launches Remix Contest
Dutch producer Applescal (pictured above) has just issued his Creatures EP, a collaborative effort which also enlists the talents of Berlin tunesmith Ryan Davis. To coincide with the record's release via Applescal's Atomnation imprint, a remix contest has been launched, with the winner set to take home a single unit of his or her choice from Korg's Volca Series of mini-synths and receive an official release on a planned remix EP. The contest invites budding producers to rework Creatures' title track, offering would-be remixers a dozen audio stems and the track's various MIDI files to help build their new production. Submissions are due by October 8, with the winner set to be announced on October 17. The full details of the contest, as well as the various stems and MIDI files needed to enter, can be found here, and Applescal's brand-new EP can be streamed below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player