Native Instruments Introduces Drum Lab
- Words: James Eaton
German music-making hardware and software company Native Instruments recently unveiled its latest product, an intriguing software instrument called Drum Lab. With the tagline "Instant Bionic Impact," NI's new production tool is said to be a "first-of-its-kind sonic laboratory" in which producers can design their own sounds by implementing the organic resonance of acoustic drum kits with the punch and precision of electronic synthesis. Resident Advisor points out that Drum Lab comes complete with "on-board EQ, compression, and convolution reverb," in addition to the "extensive groove library, with MIDI drum patterns derived from performances by professional drummers." All of the program's finer details can be perused here, where it can also be copped for the price of $99.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player