Native Instruments Introduces Drum Lab
- Words: James Eaton
German music-making hardware and software company Native Instruments recently unveiled its latest product, an intriguing software instrument called Drum Lab. With the tagline "Instant Bionic Impact," NI's new production tool is said to be a "first-of-its-kind sonic laboratory" in which producers can design their own sounds by implementing the organic resonance of acoustic drum kits with the punch and precision of electronic synthesis. Resident Advisor points out that Drum Lab comes complete with "on-board EQ, compression, and convolution reverb," in addition to the "extensive groove library, with MIDI drum patterns derived from performances by professional drummers." All of the program's finer details can be perused here, where it can also be copped for the price of $99.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player