Pioneer Announces DJ-Centric Reference Monitors
- Words: Leo Maymind
Pioneer has been a steadfast presence in clubs around the world with both its industry-standard CDJs and a range of mixers, and has now announced a new line of reference monitors aimed specifically at the working DJ. Set for release this September, the S-DJ X will be available in either 5, 6, or 8-inch woofer size, which are made with a stiff aramid fiber to prevent unwanted bass resonance. The active monitors also borrow a 1" tweeter design from Pioneer's pro-audio TAD brand, and feature auto on/off capability, built-in equalization, a wide "3D" sweet spot, and white or black coloring, among other distinctive features. A short video about the S-DJ X monitors can be seen below, and more info is available here.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player