Pioneer Announces DJ-Centric Reference Monitors
- Words: Leo Maymind
Pioneer has been a steadfast presence in clubs around the world with both its industry-standard CDJs and a range of mixers, and has now announced a new line of reference monitors aimed specifically at the working DJ. Set for release this September, the S-DJ X will be available in either 5, 6, or 8-inch woofer size, which are made with a stiff aramid fiber to prevent unwanted bass resonance. The active monitors also borrow a 1" tweeter design from Pioneer's pro-audio TAD brand, and feature auto on/off capability, built-in equalization, a wide "3D" sweet spot, and white or black coloring, among other distinctive features. A short video about the S-DJ X monitors can be seen below, and more info is available here.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player