Watch Huxley Make a Tune in 10 Minutes
- Words: James Eaton
One of Hypercolour's biggest exports and recent addition to the Rinse roster, burgeoning UK house DJ/producer Huxley is the latest artist to go up against the clock in FACT's ongoing series of timed production sprints. The Londoner works quickly and diligently on a straightforward house beat, using little more than what appear to be a handful of Logic presets and a single MIDI controller. And as it so happens, the tune Huxley churns out isn't half bad at all. It's an entertaining way to see how the producer works, and maybe even an inspiring clip for those beatmakers looking to maximize their workflow.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player