Watch Roska Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After sharing news of his forthcoming EP for Rinse just last week, London mainstay Roska has stepped up as the latest producer to take on FACT TV's Against the Clock challenge, building a beat in under 10 minutes for the ongoing video series. Almost solely utilizing Logic (and a MicroKorg for playing in MIDI notes), Roska builds a characteristically skittering beat while commenting on the sirens and strange noises which come from outside his studio. He even goes on to explain some of the components of his setup and detail a few special techniques after the challenge is through. Roska's full attempt to go Against the Clock can be watched below.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player