Watch Roska Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After sharing news of his forthcoming EP for Rinse just last week, London mainstay Roska has stepped up as the latest producer to take on FACT TV's Against the Clock challenge, building a beat in under 10 minutes for the ongoing video series. Almost solely utilizing Logic (and a MicroKorg for playing in MIDI notes), Roska builds a characteristically skittering beat while commenting on the sirens and strange noises which come from outside his studio. He even goes on to explain some of the components of his setup and detail a few special techniques after the challenge is through. Roska's full attempt to go Against the Clock can be watched below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player