Watch Roska Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After sharing news of his forthcoming EP for Rinse just last week, London mainstay Roska has stepped up as the latest producer to take on FACT TV's Against the Clock challenge, building a beat in under 10 minutes for the ongoing video series. Almost solely utilizing Logic (and a MicroKorg for playing in MIDI notes), Roska builds a characteristically skittering beat while commenting on the sirens and strange noises which come from outside his studio. He even goes on to explain some of the components of his setup and detail a few special techniques after the challenge is through. Roska's full attempt to go Against the Clock can be watched below.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player