Ableton Releases Live 9.1 Update
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After a long wait and months of building anticipation, Ableton finally unleashed Live 9 back in March of this year (here's our review), but it's taken until now for the program's first official update to arrive, with version 9.1 now available as a free public beta for existing Ableton users. Among the issues addressed in the update, Live 9.1 adds the ability for dual-monitor support (as seen above) while also boasting improved audio rendering capabilities. Furthermore, 9.1 adds melodic step-sequencing abilities to the company's Push controller, a feature users seem to have been asking for since first getting their hands on the unit. The full details of the Live 9.1 update can be found here, and those users interested in downloading the beta release are asked to head here to join the program. A brief video showing off Push's new melodic step-sequencing features can be watched below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player