Dave Smith Introduces Mopho SE Analog Synth
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Dave Smith Instruments—the company helmed by MIDI pioneer and longtime synth designer Dave Smith—has unveiled a new, 100% analog monophonic synth, the Mopho SE. Taking much of its internal sound generation features from the company's compact, keyboardless Mopho synth, the Mopho SE expands on its predecessors abilities while featuring a 44-note, semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch and velocity sensitivity. Keeping with DSI's standard of quality, the new synth uses a 100% analog signal path to create its sounds—utilizing two oscillators, two sub-octave generators, a "classic Curits" low-pass filter, four LFOs, an internal feedback loop, and a white-noise generator to help users shape their sounds. Furthermore, the keyboard also features a sophisticated arpeggiator and a 16x4 step sequencer. The Mopho SE is expected to begin shipping by the end of October, with its price tag likely to come in just below $1000. The Mopho SE's full spec list can be found here.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player