Check Out Clone Affiliate Alden Tyrell's Gear-Covered Studio
Dutch producer Martijn Hoggendijk is perhaps best known for his Alden Tyrell production handle, but the man is also a notable mastering engineer, one who has put the final audio touches on countless Clone releases (among others) over the years. Now, the doors to his beautifully gear-packed, synth-filled studio have been opened for all to see. Appearing as part of Resident Advisor's ongoing Machine Love series, Hoggendijk gives a visual tour of his impressive home studio while chatting about his decades worth of experience using and collecting gear (recalling the story of buying his first synth in 1984), as well as discussing why he believes collaboration can be a useful tool and why he's found himself using samples more and more recently. The full interview and picture set can be checked out over on Resident Advisor.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player