Watch Modeselektor Breakdown the New Moderat Album's Production Process
Together as Moderat, Modeselektor (a.k.a. Gernot Bronsert and Sebastian "Charlie" Szary) and Apparat (a.k.a. Sascha Ring) returned with their sophomore collaborative LP, II, earlier this year. Around the time of the release, XLR8R sat down with the Berlin artists to talk about how the trio translated the record to a live setting in our From Studio to Stage feature, but now, a detailed video has surfaced which goes in depth with Modeselektor about the making of II. The 30-plus-minute video from Future Music covers everything from the synths—both software and hardware—that serve as the group's go-to sound generators to the intricate Logic sessions behind the album's tracks, covering gems of wisdom about the group's creative processes as well as their recording and mixing techniques along the way. The full video can be watched using the player below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player