Watch Modeselektor Breakdown the New Moderat Album's Production Process
Together as Moderat, Modeselektor (a.k.a. Gernot Bronsert and Sebastian "Charlie" Szary) and Apparat (a.k.a. Sascha Ring) returned with their sophomore collaborative LP, II, earlier this year. Around the time of the release, XLR8R sat down with the Berlin artists to talk about how the trio translated the record to a live setting in our From Studio to Stage feature, but now, a detailed video has surfaced which goes in depth with Modeselektor about the making of II. The 30-plus-minute video from Future Music covers everything from the synths—both software and hardware—that serve as the group's go-to sound generators to the intricate Logic sessions behind the album's tracks, covering gems of wisdom about the group's creative processes as well as their recording and mixing techniques along the way. The full video can be watched using the player below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player