Dubspot Production School to Open LA Location
- Words: Glenn Jackson
New York-based production school Dubspot has announced that it will open up a West Coast campus next summer in Los Angeles. The school, which offers courses for everything from learning how to DJ to using specific programs and pieces of production equipment in the studio, has revealed plans to begin offering classes "in a brick and mortar space in Central Hollywood amongst a creative community in the heart of the media industry." In an announcement which appeared on Dubspot's blog earlier today, the school stated that the LA location's faculty will include "some of our online instructors, as well as some new talented people," and that the West Coast school's courses would mirror those offered in Dubspot's original New York location.
No exact dates have been shared yet for when the Dubspot LA campus will open, but we are told to expect more updates before the courses officially start sometime in the summer of 2014. In the meantime, Dubspot's complete announcement can be read here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player