Bitwig Production Software Gets Official Release Date
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After a long devlopment period which has seen the program only available as a beta release, the cross-platform Bitwig Studio production software has at last set a date for its full release. Designed by a team in Berlin (which is said to include some of Ableton Live's original developers), Bitwig Studio is a DAW that in many ways mirrors Ableton's program by "combining traditional arrangement sequencing with modern, performance-oriented clip launching workflows." Still, the software has surely made an effort to set itself apart from other existing products, as illustrated by the full list of Bitwig Studio's unique features—such as an integrated "unified modulation system," layered editing, and hybrid tracks—that can be read here.
Set to officially show off its full feature set at NAMM this weekend, Bitwig Studio will see a full release on March 26 with a price tag of $399/€299.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player