Novation Gives Away 1GB Sample Pack, Announces Producer Competition
- Words: Glenn Jackson
As part of a newly launched competition, UK synth and controller designer Novation is giving away a 1GB sample pack of "loops, single hits, multi-sampled patches, and drum kits from its unforgettable and modern classic synths." The so-called "Heritage Sample Pack" is free to download and is intended to be used by producers for making a track—along with other sounds, if one so chooses—as their entry to Novation's competition, which will give three winners their choice of the company's Bass Station II, MiniNova, or UltraNova synths. Submissions to the contest are due by March 4, and will be judged by Novation and a number of professional producers—including Paul Hartnoll of Orbital, Sneaker Pimps' Liam Howe, Eats Everything, and Timo Maas.
All parties interested in downloading the free sample pack and getting the full details of Novation's competition can head here. In addition, a short documentary chronicling the history and evolution of Novation's notable designs can be seen below.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player