Novation Gives Away 1GB Sample Pack, Announces Producer Competition
- Words: Glenn Jackson
As part of a newly launched competition, UK synth and controller designer Novation is giving away a 1GB sample pack of "loops, single hits, multi-sampled patches, and drum kits from its unforgettable and modern classic synths." The so-called "Heritage Sample Pack" is free to download and is intended to be used by producers for making a track—along with other sounds, if one so chooses—as their entry to Novation's competition, which will give three winners their choice of the company's Bass Station II, MiniNova, or UltraNova synths. Submissions to the contest are due by March 4, and will be judged by Novation and a number of professional producers—including Paul Hartnoll of Orbital, Sneaker Pimps' Liam Howe, Eats Everything, and Timo Maas.
All parties interested in downloading the free sample pack and getting the full details of Novation's competition can head here. In addition, a short documentary chronicling the history and evolution of Novation's notable designs can be seen below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player