Novation Gives Away 1GB Sample Pack, Announces Producer Competition
- Words: Glenn Jackson
As part of a newly launched competition, UK synth and controller designer Novation is giving away a 1GB sample pack of "loops, single hits, multi-sampled patches, and drum kits from its unforgettable and modern classic synths." The so-called "Heritage Sample Pack" is free to download and is intended to be used by producers for making a track—along with other sounds, if one so chooses—as their entry to Novation's competition, which will give three winners their choice of the company's Bass Station II, MiniNova, or UltraNova synths. Submissions to the contest are due by March 4, and will be judged by Novation and a number of professional producers—including Paul Hartnoll of Orbital, Sneaker Pimps' Liam Howe, Eats Everything, and Timo Maas.
All parties interested in downloading the free sample pack and getting the full details of Novation's competition can head here. In addition, a short documentary chronicling the history and evolution of Novation's notable designs can be seen below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player