Watch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- Words: Glenn Jackson
In a new video from Dubspot, Japanese dubstep specialist Goth-Trad builds a new track piece-by-piece in Ableton Live, and we get to watch it all happen in real time. The wordless clip finds the veteran artist staring intently at his computer screen as he builds textures, programs drum patterns, and conjures up deep-reaching low end, using Ableton Live, Native Instruments' Battery, Spectrasonics Stylus RMX, and a few other digital tools in the process. In an excellent use of visual FX, the sections of the computer screen that Goth-Trad works in are superimposed onto the video, allowing us to see the man at work while also seeing exactly what he is working on. Dubspot's new piece can be watched in full below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player